Following the success of our last Suicide response Training session with Social Care Ireland in June, we’re delighted to be working with our friends and colleagues in Social Care Ireland again this September.
Like June’s session, this course will carry CPD points and the best part about it is that Social Care Ireland have secured funding for the training. This means that you can book your place and get certified at a reduced rate!
This session will be delivered online on September 22nd form 10am to 3pm. Social Care Ireland members can book their place for €10.00 and non-members get theirs for €25.00!
Due to the intense and sensitive nature of the training, places are limited and early booking is advised. You can book your place through Social Care Ireland by clicking here.
Having facilitated a number of busy workshops with Social Care Ireland, we’re looking forward to the meaningful and insightful conversations that always pop up when in a room full of professionals supporting people across the country. Some of the learning outcomes include but are not limited to;
- Demonstrate an understanding of suicide within a social context
- In depth knowledge of how to recognise, and respond to suicide situations
- Be able to identify and understand the causal factors contributing to suicide
- Understand the key tasks and responsibilities of a professional with suicide response skills
- To be able to understand and demonstrate professional practice skills, including safe and effective practice as per the needs of the person in distress.
- Recognise their role in suicide prevention including the importance of professional boundaries and referral pathways.
- Understand the importance of empowerment, empathy, connection and person-centred care
See you there!